My jealousy of everyone who got to attend the RWA Conference in Anaheim has almost come to an end (though the sting may last for a while) and as you can tell my plans to Blog every day while it was on haven't been going so well. Personally I blame a combination of book deadline and the Olympics but with any luck next year I'll Blog & Tweet live from Atlanta!
Anyhoo, for those who might have missed it, on Friday Harlequin held a Spotlight to tell us about their plans for the next year. Among the snippets of news about revamped covers, changing word-counts and new lines coming our way were details of Riva-the line I currently write for-and it's new counterpart in the USA and Canada, KISS, which will launch in February 2013.
Described as fun, contemporary, sassy romances with 21st century heroes and differing levels of explicitness, the books will relaunch in the UK in October with the brand new covers you can see here.
The EHarlequin website has this to say:
KISS is sharply contemporary, glossy and chic, attracting readers who enjoy a short hit of romantic excitement with a thoroughly modern twist! Smart and stylish, sweet or sexy, these stories offer fun, flirty reads featuring smart, sassy heroines, equally matched by 21st century alpha heroes!
- Contemporary romance series with a range of sensuality – we're looking for authors who can convey that young urban feel with sparkling characters and simmering tension - either with or without the hot sex!
- This series is all about the 21st century alpha male hero!
- Vibrant, sexy, spirited, fun – but still offering a strong emotional pay off and happy ever after.
- 50,000 words
Featured in KISS:
Sparky, spirited heroines in control of their own destinies and with friends to help them through – these ladies are more than a match for their men.
Flirty, cheeky, alpha heroes, who expect their partners to be their equals - these guys are absolutely irresistible!
KISS is: all around you! Just look out for edgy, modern-day characters, sometimes struggling, sometimes knocked sideways by love, but finding their happy endings with plenty of laughter and attitude along the way…
- TV: Brothers and Sisters, Ugly Betty, New Girl for their fab, witty dialogue
- Films: What to Expect When You're Expecting, Bridesmaids, 500 Days of Summer, 27 Dresses, No Strings Attached, The Holiday, Friends With Kids, Crazy Stupid Love.
- Authors: if you enjoy authors such as Kristin Higgins, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Tasmina Perry, Jennifer Cruisie or Meg Cabot you'll love KISS!
What this means for me is after the release of New York's Finest Rebel in the Harlequin Romance line next month, my books will (from February 2013 onwards) be available in Kiss. I don't have any of the release dates for either the UK or USA yet but you can rest assurred that when I do I shall be
pimping the books putting up the details on my website.
If you're a writer THEY'RE LOOKING FOR BOOKS. I believe the term used at the Spotlight was 'actively acquiring'. So what are you waiting for?
If you're a reader what do you think of the covers? Are you looking forward to seeing what the line brings in the next year?
Usual weekly blog service will now resume. See you soon gang!